Monday, February 18, 2008

Thing 23. Final Thoughts

I feel a tremendous sense of accomplishment right now. When I first read about this challenge I was so excited and I have thrived on each and every thing. Remember thriving is a substantial word. I took the online survey before writing up this final post. I had a bit of the old "test anxiety" but got through. What has changed? Me, of course. I have been places and learned stuff. I am an enriched librarian. I am so fortunate to have this for my daily work. So fortunate. And the present is so good and the fact that everything is changing is so good. There is no denying this evolution/revolution... There is no virtue in doing anything a certain way just for traditions sake. Let us respectfully speak and discuss and dare to try. Respect for others has been a component of this class. Respect for the developers of these sites and methods. Respect for the leadership of libraries. The bonds that have formed and strengthen between co-workers in our building as we have laughed and shared about a thing has been a powerful experience. Thank you to the leaders that opened this door for us. Now we all have to deal with the fact that the door has been opened and there is no going back.

1 comment:

La-la said...

Congratulations on finishing the 23 things. It was fun to watch you develop each thing along the way.
We have learned so much, and with the door open I know we want to go forward. Follow the path my friend.