Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Thing 13.3 Online Productivity Tools What is the Intent of a Tool User?

After many hours with Thing 13, I am thinking and focusing on the meaning of productivity and tools. Both are outcomes of chosen actions toward a purpose. For me it is essential to move intentionally forward in these Things.
The dictionary (phrasing mine) helps again:
Tool: a device used to carry out a particular function, a thing used in an occupation or pursuit, software that creates...anything used as a means of accomplishing a task or purpose,
machinery designed for performing a particular job

So as I finish Thing 13 I have two library 2.0 applications alongside me on the desk -- ways that I can personally contribute to the mission and daily routine of the successful 2.0 library. At home I am enjoying the change of my homepage from the MSN default to my own iGoogle.

No comments: