Friday, February 8, 2008

Thing 12.2 Do You Digg? Blog Prompts

I joined Digg and Mixx. And spent a couple of hours checking both out. The 23 Things instructions for this Thing suggests that libraries might be affected by this kind of social media site in the areas of reference questions and requests for further information. That doesn't ring true in my thinking. Just my opinion. These are browsing places. As for these type of site assisting us in "being in the know"? Again, I don't think so. This is all so broad, wide not deep. 23 Things asks "Do these tools seem to be a productivity enhancer or a productivity detractor?" I have a headache like I've been in the waiting room with a stack of magazines that had little content and less substance. For me. I'd love to hear something more positive about this Thing. Just my window -- let me know what I missed.

No comments: