Sunday, February 10, 2008

Thing 13.1 Online Productivity Tools

The immediate task of investigating the productivity tools seemed - at moments - to be the opposite of productivity. The monkey mind thrives on this kind of exploration! I remind myself that this is the reading portion of the syllabus -- the textbook for the course as it were. The assignment is the blog -- the readings and research are these guided/unguided forays.... The meaning for today and tomorrow at the job site with the community is what is chosen for its practical use and planning possibilities. So far I am using Bloglines, Del.icio.us, iGoogle, Flickr (inspiration!) StumbleUpon -- just to mention a few. I have three blogs going on Blogger. I have two definite applications in mind for my home library. I had philosophical issues with the Countdown tool/gadget. I used a countdown gadget I found on iGoogle -- I could only bear to countdown to tomorrow, yesterday and today -- that is my capacity now. The now. The intentional now. I told you it was philosophical... Not that I don't keep a calendar. I have TWO, at home. On paper. The online possibilities are excellent but not for me right now. I made a Ta da list. There's another list on my iGoogle. I made an account in Backpack too.

No comments: