Monday, February 18, 2008

Thing 21. Beyond MySpace: Other Social Networks

I am walking around in Gather. It is user-friendly and straightforward. I joined so I could look at everything I wanted to see. After about 45 minutes there, I headed over to WebJunction and joined up there. This format is easier on the eyes; the ads in Gather were distracting and alien for me. I found my way to the Minnesota content and the 23 Things on a Stick page, then wandered into the PLA 2008 Virtual Conference which led me over to the ALA site. Yikes, it's a maze and a time sucker. This site is one I'll put on my favorites, the resources will expand my knowledge of my profession. Now over to Ning. I'm a member of Ning and the 23 Things on a Stick group. I uploaded by profile picture. This is my page. I commented on another librarian's post about 23 Things and invited a co-worker/23Thinger to contact me when she gets to #21. I created a group -- Mock Newbery. Adding the widget took some looking around for me -- I got a bit frustrated but finally found it! Look for it in the right hand column. I realize this was Question 2 of "For this Thing" so the next post will discuss the articles in Question 1.

No comments: