Monday, February 18, 2008

Thing 22. What Did I Learn Today?

What a big question. What did I learn today? That my profession is like everything else -- always changing. The rate of change and the components that are impacting and driving the changes are many. Some routines go on in a timeless way other routines fall away. All change changes us. Sometimes I am so ready other times resistant and reluctant. In one of my early blogs (Thing 2.1) I wondered about definitions and Library 2.0 --Evolution? Revolution? Transformation? Mutation? Now at Thing 22 I can say all of those are true. Start a conversation about Library 2.0 Or Web 2.0 -- or any of the buzzwords I've read over and over again in this seminar and the conversation will veer to all of those descriptions. The 23 Things lesson uses "evolve". It's hard to argue with "evolve". For me anyway. I've seen it happening -- growth toward potential -- progress.

No comments: