Friday, February 8, 2008

Thing 12 Do You Digg?

I remember this toy -- it was installed in the sand pit at several of the parks I went to when I had three little boys. It always looked like fun but in fact it was clumsier and less satisfying than it first appeared. You had to push and pull and manuever at the same time. I felt this way at the Digg site. I wondered what are these stories and headlines and what I am doing here when I didn't select them and I'm really not interested in just looking around? You know, like the stack of magazines at a waiting room? Pick, shuffle shuffle, put down, pick up another, flip, shuffle page shuffle page... It made more sense (not much more -- just personal opinion here -- when I went to Slate and browsed and got the connection that I could Digg something. Hmmmm. I am not sure what is the point. Yet. Remember the wabi-sabi unfinished thing? That's where I am now. Back to reading and clicking...

No comments: