Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Thing 11. Tagging and Del.icio.us

This is great. It is so folk-ier than keywords and cataloguing! I tagged with the first description that came to mind and then went back later to refine and clean it up. My tag clouds helped me see the ways I see and think about the topic or thing. I did tag a few photos in Flickr, but not very confidently. I tagged a few of my posts, I'll go back and pick up the rest later. I finally figured out the genius of Del.icio.us -- first to have many of my favorites, for now, mostly the ones attached to L2, online for me -- anytime. And then to be able to CONNECT with others with the same tags and glean more from their resources. Bloglines finally made sense too. Beyond HOW it works, WHY it is so cool. I am comfortable in ThingMonkey now and at ease with what I've used so far. Ready to go deeper and check out more possibilities.

No comments: