Monday, January 21, 2008

Thing 1. Set Up Your Blog

Today I officially set up my blog: Thing Monkey
I did some research and practiced steps here and there but now I am registered as a participant in the
Library Learning 2.0 Program, 23 Things on a Stick.
The instructions on
Blogger and 23 Things are very user-friendly and easy to select, preview, save and change. I named my blog "Thing Monkey" to connect to the learning goals and to remind my readers and myself that this is about curiosity and discovery. I previewed several templates and decided on this one. Creating the avatar was really fun, my son gave me his approval for the final result. I already had a Yahoo! account so I could skip that step. Bringing the final avatar result to the blog involved making sense of the Blogger Dashboard, Add Page Element and Layout pages -- a little bit complicated but very responsive and easy to manipulate after some forays. For a challenge, I added LibraryThing as a sidebar page element. I am having a wonderful time with this independent learning.

No comments: