Saturday, February 16, 2008

Review and Relect---------5 Things to Go

5 chairs. 5 Things to go. I was a Luddite for a long time. I got a computer so that the children in my house would be able to function with the technology that was defining the world around us. We don't own a television and haven't had one for almost 20 years. I don't own a cell phone and really don't know how to place a call using one; I've talked on one, I don't know how to hang it up. Some days I am pretty excited about this technology and the boggling aspects of it. But, well, I have a computer in my house, with a DSL modem. And English is my first language and I know how to read. I have had many educational opportunities -- as a librarian and teacher -- information literacy is familiar territory for me. But, I see the patrons who come in everyday to use the computers at the library. There is way more demand than there is supply... To offer this enriched content without the hardware to use it? We have to have enough computers in the buildings and be open enough hours to give patrons time to explore... We have this obligation. Speaking of obligation, I am obliged and honored to thank the Creative Commons artists who have shared their photographs with me for use in this blog. Thank You all.

No comments: