Saturday, May 31, 2008

Last Day of May Thoughts

The routine of posting for Anokaberry has become habit at this point. I chose about 40 other blogs with similar areas of interest to inform me both as an advocate of children's literature and a blogger in general. I use Google Reader for those feeds. It is apparent everyday that an understanding of what I am doing and why is essential to the strength of Anokaberry. It is, after all, an online book-talk and presentation. It presents summaries of books published in the current year (2008) and invites and displays comments. It can be searched by title and a sidebar lists posts (TITLES) as well as labels of age appropriateness. I do not have a VOICE on Anokaberry - I do have a brief note from "Nan" and the choices of layout and content are mine but I do not comment or chatter. Most of the other blogs in this subject area that I read have personality -- The other two or three "mock newberys" are somewhat dull in comparison. What I wish the template could include? A separate set of "labels" or "tags" for subjects. Another column or "aside" for whatever - I have put links to authors' websites in some of the posts. The concept of "enriching the post" rather than cluttering up the sidebars...

No comments: